Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: How Long, How Old

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner wolfpits's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,546
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey germblastin, i thought i was reading my bio when i read yours. im 34 and have been listening to social distortion since i first heard prison bound. So i was introduced to them about 88 or so. My friend took me to see them at the coach house when prison bound first came out. I sat there and really tried to remember every social d show i have been too and i could only remember 48 shows. im sure there were at least 10 more but i couldnt recall them. I too remember the new years shows at the coach house but i somehow remember them being more like in 89 or 90. maybe im wrong. one of my favorite shows i saw them play was at the barn in UC riverside back in 94. the next year at board in orange county at the olympic velodrome at cal state dominguez hills was good too. they will always be my favorite band.

    (oh, and hello erica. havent talked to you lately)

    ...steve

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Gern Blanstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wolfpits, I presume you live in SoCal. We're pretty lucky that we can see them at least a few times a year. I also remember a great show after SBHH came out at the Palladium when they shot the "When She Becomes Video." I was everywhere during that show but didn't end up in the video. My friend ended up all over it and it was only the second time he had ever seen them live the bastard.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Wedge0chez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    159
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 23. When I was about 11 or 12 I had a friend that was real into punk and I got MLM and Prison Bound on vinyl. Then I got into other kinds of music - classic rock, country, blues etc.... I guess around 94' I was in another friend's car and I was digging what was playing. It was SBHH and I learned not only had Social D stayed together but they were still puttin out great albums. I just assumed they had broken up. Anyway, that was it I was back full force from then on. And just in time to catch the WLWHWT tour and the Ness solo stuff. So I been a fan for a while.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Lefty Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 28th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 30, but I haven't been a Social Distortion for too long. Maybe about 8-9 years.

    I was born and raised in NYC, so I listened to mostly NYHC. Didn't listen to much Cali punk. I remember hearing ball and chain and not caring for it too much. Then I heard more, and LOVED what I heard. Been a fan since.

    BTW, I new here.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member esvenneby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    1,717
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello and welcome Lefty! I just got back from New York, Boston, Montreal, etc. and I was really surprised to see that the punk bars back on the east coast do not carry much Cali Punk. One cool bar had Social Distortion, Suicidal Tendencies, and the Adolescents. I was a bit offended, it's not like we dont have great East Coast bands on our jukebox. Oh yeah and most of the people I talked to were not going to the Social D show in New York, because they thought the admission price was too high. I'm sure it'll sell out if it hasn't already. I mean c'mon, its New York City, the place is overpopulated.
    Hello Steve! How ya doin?? [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member cbojanower's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 1st, 2004
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sean

    I live in West Haven near Ogden. Came to Utah in 83 right after High School (parents divorced). My friend Scott moved up here with me and we were 2 of 3 punk rockers in Ogden. Even worse I lived in Ogden Valley at the time so we were 2 of 2 punk rockers in the valley.


    Used to get challenged just walking down the street wearing a choke chain collar and having bleached hair, shit now I go to baseball games and see 8 year olds with Green Mohawks that their Morman parents gave them.

    I see the punk rock kids today and figure they probably think I am some old guy old enough to be their dad. Pretty damn funny. At least the hair is still bleached (and I have it LOL)

    Lots of interesting replies, at least I am not the oldest one here

    Looking forward to the SLC show

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SicK_boy12774's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2003
    Posts
    48
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 29 been listening to the boys since somewhere between heaven and hell...they came through chicago on tour and local heroes pegboy(ex naked raygun) were opening...went to see pegboy came out a social d fanatic, funny how those things work out...interesting side note my first punk rock show was at the same venue, the vic, and once again pegboy was opening for someone else, this someone else happened to be fugazi...i've been into punk ever since...ive told the guys in pegboy that they are to blame for both me being a punk and worshipping social d...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Keight's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 15th, 2004
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    im 27
    been into sxdx for about 6 years (i know - i suck but I was a metal kid growing up with clasic rock radio. I had never heard a "punk" song untill green day and the offspring came on the radio.) i have made up for lost time. I drove for 2 days to see social d at the kroc inland invasion 2. rad

  9. #19
    Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by two drink minimum:
    17, our friend Telling Them introduced me to Social D with Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Are you really 17? If so, I'd have to say it impresses me and makes me glad that kids of your age (at least some anyway) are as informed, intelligent and aware as yourself (even though we have polar opposite view points). I'm only 21 but I know when I wasn't able to vote, I didn't follow politics that closely. I applaud you and hope there are more your age like you.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member hour_of_darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    506
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm 21, been listening to Social D since I was 13. First album I bought was the self titled, and I remember buying it soley by looking at the back cover and thinking "hmm looks like something I'd like". I always had a fascination with fifties/sixties culture and their look made me think it was at least worth a shot to give 'em a listen. I was right.

    Only seen them once, but saw Mike on the solo tour at this real tiny club in Atlanta when I was 15. When I was 18, I flew to Boston in 2001 for the show cuz I have old friends up there. After the show I met Mike on the street and he signed my SBH&H album. I also got his guitar pick in the crowd that night. It was an awesome show and hopefully it will be as good on Oct 11th when they come to Atlanta.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •